Children that have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) benefit greatly from education and therapy via an Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) provider. Ascend Autism, serving the entire State of Connecticut, has provided support for children with ASD and their families for years. The goal of the team at Ascend Autism is to elevate the outcomes of children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Ascend Autism’s interventions and therapies are tailored specifically to each individual but are also fully comprehensive in order to address and promote the core functional capabilities related to:
- Social skills
- Daily living skills
- Adaptive behaviors (aka age-appropriate behavior)
Types of Autism Treatment Programs at Ascend Autism
Our dedicated Ascend Autism team doesn’t believe in a “cookie-cutter” approach to autism treatment. In fact, the core of Ascend Autism’s differentiation is our customized treatment programs, which are designed to meet each child’s unique needs.
Some of the autism treatment programs in Connecticut offered by Ascend Autism include:
- Early intervention – Early intervention is typically utilized when treating children from about eighteen months to seven years old. The therapy is usually more intensive and consists of a weekly program of twenty to forty hours of treatment.
- Targeted intervention – If the child is older or if the broader set of behavioral challenges have already been met, an autism spectrum disorder treatment program can be pared down and focused on more functional activities, including hygiene, feeding, chores, and social interaction. This level of targeted intervention usually requires fewer hours of therapy per week, typically ten to twenty-five hours.
- Social skills work – A social skills work program provides individualized plans that are designed to improve the communication and listening skills of children with ASD.
- Parental services – Parental support and services can include many types of support that Ascend Autism can offer to parents of children with an autism spectrum disorder.
- Telehealth for autism treatment – Parents and children can turn to our telehealth services and receive the same quality of care while accessing therapy remotely.
Depending on the needs of the child, our Ascend Autism team can use a combination of programs to maximize the effects of treatment.
Benefits of the Autism Treatment Programs at Ascend Autism
Children with an ASD receive many benefits from participating in autism therapy programs at Ascend Autism, including:
- Improved ability – The structure of an Ascend Autism treatment program has been shown to improve cognitive ability in children with ASD, as well as help these children learn daily living skills. By acquiring daily living skills, children maximize the ability to function and participate in the community.
- Flexible scheduling – By using Ascend Autism’s telehealth services, our therapists can meet with you and your child when it’s convenient for you. All you need is a device, such as a smartphone or a tablet, and a secure internet connection to receive the same level of care as participating via in-person treatment
- Individualized treatment – We don’t believe in a “one-size-fits-all” approach to treatment. Our team has years of experience constructing treatment plans that meet the needs of each of the children in our program.
- Education for families – Children with ASD need the support of the family around them. Our parental services are a valuable resource to educate family members about how they can be an essential part of their child’s therapy.
Contact Ascend Autism Today to Learn More About Our Programs
Ascend Autism has been a beacon for families to use as a center of education and treatment for ASD. Our goal is to help children with ASD achieve their fullest potential.
Reach out to our knowledgeable and compassionate staff today by calling 877.323.8668 or completing our secure online form for more information about our service offerings in Connecticut.